A new update for the sound in Counter-Strike Global Offense (CSGO) has been distributed, and adds some changes to the current competitive play.
Last week there was an update that steam released for Counter-Strike which was directed towards specific map changes. The next update is live, and has to do with fixed sound changes in the game. The gun noises are tweaked to alter the game a bit, and have changed the sound for the Negev, M249, and MAG-7. According to our sources, this is just a start to many updates for the other guns as well. A gamma case has also been incorporated
One of the major components to the sound update is a sound cue that will play when you’re low on ammo. The smoke grenade sound in the game will change as well, which will be more unique compared to the original sound, which was similar to the defuse sound.
Steam has released a Matchmaking Beta, which links a player’s telephone number with their CSGO account to provide a better overall matchmaking service.
A full set of updates can be found below:
- Added new Gamma weapon case featuring 17 community-created weapon finishes and all-new knife finishes.
- Operation Wildfire Access Pass is no longer available for purchase.
- New CS:GO players will get a significant earned XP boost multiplier in Recruit and Private Ranks.
- Competitive matchmaking for new CS:GO players is now unlocked sooner, as soon as they rank up from Recruit to Private Rank 2.
[PRIME BETA UPDATE]
- CS:GO accounts will be Prime if they have verified their phone number and achieved at least Lieutenant Rank 21 or have earned a Service Medal.
- Prime accounts can now select to search only for other prime accounts in competitive matchmaking.
- When matchmaking with a party lobby, all party members must be Prime to have the Prime-only option available.
- New sound cue for shooting with low ammo.
- Upgraded sound fidelity, reduced distortion for Mag7, M249, Negev.
- New smoke sound to reduce interference with bomb defuse sound.
- New sound for text chat messages in party lobby.
- In classic game modes any money earned by a player mid-round will no longer be available for spending during the same round (i.e., SMG purchases are no longer possible during competitive pistol rounds).
- Suicide or disconnect compensation will no longer be awarded in warmup or during freezetime period.
- When controlling the bot and surviving round running out of time, the controlling player is now eligible to receive end of round money.
- Removed a legacy 2.5 seconds spawn grace period for players who reconnect to the round after freezetime is over.
- Increased upper limit on possible mp_halftime_duration values to 5 minutes.
- Added server convar sv_spec_post_death_additional_time that allows adding a delay for spectators between the death of a spec target and the switch to a new target.
- The convar sv_alltalk has been replaced with sv_talk_enemy_dead and sv_talk_enemy_alive.
- Classic Casual now defaults to team-restrict communication for living players.
- Fixed appearance of fonts in the community browser and console.
- Fixed some bugs with setting fullscreen resolution.
- Set all Mac players to use Raw Mouse Input by default since this is a better experience for most players. Players can manually revert to not using raw mouse input if that is what they prefer.